Sunday, October 8, 2017

Statement walls using art






One area that I've found I've worked with clients is that many people are lost when it comes to hanging art and photos. A few things happen.


DON'T's

1. Gunshot style: this is where you place frames that are too similar in style and size in spot on a wall and it looks like a huge bullet went through your wall. It looks like you didn't know where or why you put them there. There is nothing for the eye to follow and there is no variation and in color, size, etc.

2. Splat: this is where large framed art is just randomly put in your home without any thought of framing the large art with either smaller pieces or furniture.

3. Overload: this is where you just generally have too many things on your walls. It's ok to have some empty spaces :) You don't need a gallery on every wall.



Here is a link that has some excellent ideas when working with wall decor. Little House of Four is a great resource for ideas and inexpensive ways to do things for your home.

Here is a picture of my "gallery" I'm working on, still have a few more things to add to it. These are vintage photos of my relatives and I've included a clock since they all have to do with time past which is my theme for this wall. I've also included a coat of arms in my gallery that my grandmother use to have hanging on her wall. In the photo at the top of this post is when I was able to pull a few more things out of storage and start to add something that would help frame the chair I have to the side. I added a small ceramic plant stand and put some antique books and a candle.




No comments:

Post a Comment